The Upper Westside Community Improvement District is looking for a Program Director to implement plans, studies, and capital projects in coordination with local and regional partners. This position requires experience managing the planning, design, and construction of transportation, placemaking, and urban park projects as well as experience working with design consultants to develop a scope, budget, and schedule for various projects. The Program Director will report to Executive Director.
- Initiating and managing all planning studies, design projects, and construction projects such as masterplans, transportation infrastructure projects, interactive art installations, and parks facilities
- Managing contract bidding, selection, and administration in accordance with city or state standards as required
- Managing the preparation and review of preliminary and final plans, technical specifications, engineering reports, contract documents, cost estimates, and making recommendations for design revisions and cost savings
- Coordinating projects with contractors, consultants, agency partners, and Executive Director
- Tracking project expenses and reimbursement requests
- Identifying, researching, and pursuing grants and sources of additional funding to advance the implementation of priorities
- Collaborating with Executive Director on outreach and public relations activities including meetings with property owners and speaking engagements
- Building and maintaining staff level relationships with city departments, MARTA, GDOT, Atlanta Regional Commission, the Mayor’s office, and City Council
- Tackling additional responsibilities and special projects as they pop up
- Working full time and occasionally flexing work hours to attend evening neighborhood and community meetings
- Highly motivated self starter
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, City & Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, or related area of study
- 5+ years of experience in planning, engineering, or related field
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Project budget and management expertise with the ability to create clear concise reports
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities
- Ability meet and establish relationships with high-level government officials, speak to large audiences, and deal with the general public
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) systems, policies, and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles, practices, and techniques
- Proficiency in GIS, Adobe, AutoCAD, or other computer programs
- Experience writing grants
- An understanding of the fundamentals of successful urban public space
- Experience in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design, non-profit management, real estate, accounting, finance, or related fields
The Upper Westside Improvement District is a young CID with an entrepreneurial work atmosphere. Team members are all required to wear many hats. Benefits include opportunity to work from home as needed and respect for work/life balance.
Interested applicants should email a letter of interest and a resume to Elizabeth Hollister, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the candidates deemed qualified will be contacted. No phone calls please.
PUBLIC NOTICE TO ELECTORS OF THE WESTSIDE/HOWELL MILL COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN as provided in the City of Atlanta Community Improvement Act, 1991 GA. Laws pp. 3653 et seq. (“Local Act”), that a Caucus of Electors for the Westside/Howell Mill Community Improvement District (“CID”) will convene on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at Industrious Westside, 976 Brady Ave NW, Ste. 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30318 for the purpose of electing four (4) board members for the CID. Registration for the election will begin at 11:00 a.m. and conclude at 11:15 a.m. Immediately thereafter, the election caucus will convene and voting will begin.
A map of the Westside/Howell Mill CID is on file with the Clerk of the Atlanta City Council. All Electors or their duly designated representatives, as defined under the Local Act, are invited to attend and cast their votes. No proxy votes may be cast.
Upper Westside Improvement District Board of Directors meetings are held every 3rd Wednesday of the odd months of the year (Jan, Mar, May, July, etc) at 11:00 am at The Works, 1295 Chattahoochee Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30318.